Friday 24 September 2010

Maybelline Express Finish Diamonds nailpolish review

While doing the shopping in my local Sainsbury's, I picked up 3 Maybelline nailpolishes. They were 3 for 2, but unfortunately there wasn't a huge selection, so I struggled to choose 3 of them, but eventually settled for 2 Express Finish Diamonds and one Forever Strong Pro nailpolish. 

Atomic Violine, Flash Cosmic, Mauve Diamonds

The Express Finish Diamonds nailpolishes are sparkly, some with chunky glitter. I picked up Mauve Diamonds and Flash Cosmic. Mauve Diamonds is a rose colour with subtle gold flecks, whereas Flash Cosmic is mostly clear with loads of  blue glittery chunks.They said to dry in 40 seconds, so you have to be pretty quick to apply them and their consistency is quite thick/gloopy, so you have to be careful not to overload the brush. I don't know if they dried that quickly or not since I always use Seche Vite top coat and that makes my nail polishes dry very quickly anyway.

The Forever Strong Pro nail polish I picked up is a deep purple shade, called Atomic Violine, a lot more purple and less blue than in the picture actually, but I couldn't capture the real shade. I have not used it yet, but it promises up to 7 days' wear and is fortified with calcium, iron and silica. Nail polish never lasts long on me, so I'll be interested to see how long it actually stays on my nails.

I have been wearing Mauve Diamonds for 2 days and it's lasted suprisingly well on me, although it chipped after 24 hours, but it's usual for me. Still not too bad though. Some of my Gosh nail polishes chipped on me after just 12 hours! I like this colour, it's a lovely rosey pink with subtle gold shimmer, really pretty and girly. I used two coats only because I don't like it on too thick and it turned out pretty even (especially considering the state of my very uneven pealing nails).

See some pictures of Mauve Diamonds nail polish in action!





1 comment:

  1. It looks pretty on you. I also have some Maybelline nail polishes and I like them!

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...