Friday 13 May 2011

Guerlain Rouge Automatique lipstick review and swatches

Guerlain has released a new lipstick line called Rouge Automatique and I have 3 of the shades to show you today. I purchased one of them in Florida, but now they are available in the UK too, priced £24.50 each (ouch!).They cost £3.50 more than the regular Kiss Kiss line, I think the price difference is partly due to the case and partly the new formula. So what are these exactly? They are basically very creamy, soft, gorgeous, moisturising lipsticks in a quirky case which has no cap, instead you pull a button on its side down and that pushes the lipstick up. So if you need to, you can apply your lipstick one handed. (Only question is, just how often do we actually need to apply lipsticks with one hand? I'm perfectly capable of taking the cap off my lipsticks while doing pretty much everything, although I tend not to apply them while cooking/driving/wiping nose, whatever you need your other hand for.)


Anyway, it is still a very very lovely lipstick, whether you need one or two hands to apply it. The formula is soft, creamy, long lasting (especially the darker shades) and glossy. They last for about 3-3.5 hours on me depending on the shade and whether I eat/drink. Not quite as long as I have seen on some other blogs, but it's not too bad for me. I have 3 of them at the moment, but hoping to pick up a few more in the future, fortunately they are permanent. The shades I have are 141 Quand Viend L'Ete, 143 Nahema and 165 Champs-Elysees. Incidentally Champs-Elysees is the shade the gorgeous Natalia Vodianova is wearing in the promo picture above. You will see in the swatches that 141 and 143 are surprisingly similar, although 143 is pinker and slightly lighter. I bought 141 in Florida and 143 from eBay unseen, so that's how I ended up with two similar shades. They're both very pretty though, so I'm happy. The lipsticks seem quite small when pushed up, but they are the standard 3.5 g size, same as the Rouge G lipsticks, and in fact 0.5 g more than Mac lipsticks. The case is lightweight, unlike the Rouge G case, so much easier to carry around in your handbag.

Finally, see some more product pictures, swatches and a photo of me wearing Champs-Elysees.



Guerlain Rouge Automatique

This is how it looks closed:

Guerlain Rouge Automatique

And this is how it opens:

Guerlain Rouge Automatique

The lipstick when fully pushed up:

Guerlain Rouge Automatique

141 Quand Viend L'Ete, 143 Nahema, 165 Champs-Elysees

141 Quand Viend L'Ete, 143 Nahema, 165 Champs-Elysees

141 Quand Viend L'Ete, 143 Nahema, 165 Champs-Elysees (with flash)

141 Quand Viend L'Ete, 143 Nahema, 165 Champs-Elysees (natural daylight no flash)

Finally a picture of me wearing Champs-Elysees:

 

2 comments:

  1. Talk about exceptional packaging! I'm glad they're revamping their packaging, cos I wasn't too big a fan of fingermarks on the case. And I love your bright pink pick, very spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!
    "Nahema" is so wonderful!
    I like it so much!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...