Wednesday 1 February 2012

My Dior Spring 2012 Collection Haul

A relatively modest haul for me, I only got 3 products from the Dior Spring 2012 collection. I even surprised myself with this, because when I first saw details of the collection, I was sure I also wanted the two clutches, however after swatching them I concluded that the eyeshadows were too sheer and I didn't want to fork out all that money for them. They are very pretty and if you like sheer colours, they might suit you, but they're just not for me.


I ended up buying the two eyeshadow quints, Garden Roses and Garden Pastels and one of the eyeshadow trios, Smoky Violet. Well, what can I say? The quints are just gorgeous. I just love the design and the colours, although admittedly I haven't actually been brave enough to swatch them as I love the design more, but I will eventually and in fact I have at the counter and they are gorgeous. I did swatch the trio as there's no gorgeous floral design the destroy (make sure you scroll all the way down to the bottom of this post for the swatches!).

A few words about the trio. It is quite unusual in the way that the compact doesn't open like normal compacts do, you have to slide the lid to open it and a little mirror then pops up from inside the compact. Not too sure why as I'd personally prefer a nice full size mirror int he lid, but I guess it's a bit quirkier this way. Inside you get 3 eyeshadows, they are labelled as Base, Soft Smoky and Couture Smoky. Dior recommends that you use the base colour all over the lid and then one of the darker shades for the outer corner, lid and along the lashline for a smoky eye look. One of the darker shades is matte, the other is shimmery (which is the main reason why I got this palette, it's so pretty). I personally could see myself using all 2 shades, but I guess if you're not very experienced at applying eyeshadows, this is a good tip. Dior also included a joke size double ended brush and a sponge applicator which are frankly no use if your hands are bigger than a 2-year-old's.

Funnily you actually get more product in the trio (5.5g instead of 4.8g in the quints), not sure why. The quints cost £41 each and the trio costs £32, so definitely the better deal of the two, BUT can you put a price on prettiness? Because the quints are just so pretty, they win hands down.

See more pictures after the jump!




Garden Roses, Garden Pastels

Garden Roses

Garden Pastels

Smoky Violet

Smoky Violet

Smoky Violet

Smoky Violet

Base, Soft Smoky, Couture Smoky

4 comments:

  1. The palettes are drop dead gorgeous. Haha did u look at the palettes the one in the pink cases? Im still debating about which ones to buy :) thxs for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely lemming Garden Pastels! Much too beautiful in the pan to swatch aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. those rose patterns in the shadows are so beautiful, very jelous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...