Sunday 18 March 2012

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliners Review and Swatches

While on the subject of eyeliners, I thought I'd do a post on Stila's Smudge Stick Eyeliners as well (having already reviewed three of them with the palettes I've shown you recently). I'd been meaning to pick up a few more shades but there isn't a Stila counter near me and I really wanted to swatch them first, so when I eventually went to Westfield (Shepherds Bush) Shopping Center I managed to pick up these 4. For the shades I've already reviewed, check them out here: Tetra, Starfish and Damsel.


I got Peacock, Lionfish, Moray and Bluefin. Peacock is teal, Lionfish is warm brown, Moray is khaki green with gold flecks and Bluefin is blue with shimmer.They are all nice and creamy, but set pretty quickly and once they do, they're not going anywhere. They're fairly easy to remove with make up remover, but they really don't come off just by rubbing. I'm not 100% sure how waterproof they are as I haven't tested that, but they stay vibrant and in place on my waterline all day, so that's good enought for me.

I like all the colours I got, out of the 4 Peacock is my favourite as it's a reallly gorgeous teal shade. There's one thing I don't like about these eyeliners, and that is just how little you actually get. Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners and Mac Pearlglide liners are both 1.2 g, whereas Stila Smudge Sticks are a measly 0.28 g! That's not even a quarter of the size of the other two! So at £13 each they are actually very expensive per gram! On the other hand you don't need to sharpen these, so there's no wastage as you just twist the end to get more product out.

Stila products in the UK are available from Stila's own website, Boots, BeautyBay and Lookfantastic (or at least those are the ones I know about). 

Do you own these? Have you got a favourite shade? Let me know in the comments!  

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!




Peacock, Lionfish, Moray, Bluefin

Peacock, Lionfish, Moray, Bluefin
Taken with flash

Peacock, Lionfish, Moray, Bluefin
Taken without flash in natural daylight

2 comments:

  1. These are great aren't they? I have Moray, Blue Ribbon and Tetra from the palette. Love them all, but v. expensive here at $42 each. And I am quite annoyed at the tiny amount you get with these, but I really hate manually sharpening lip/eye pencils as I always make a huge mess and damage them horribly. PS: my favourite is probably Moray. I like to wear it with the Epatant (??) Chanel ombre shadwo... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the US, these eyeliners are $20 US dollars. It's terrible and wrong that you have to pay more than double

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...